Coating thickness gauge Blue Technology DX-13-S-AL
- Measurement on steel, galvanized steel and aluminium;
- Flat probe with clamp on an 80 cm cable;
- Measurement on elements with uneven surface;
- Large, three-color backlit display;
- Built-in LED flashlight;
- Automatic shutdown after two minutes of inactivity;
- Measurement range from 0 µm to 3000 µm for steel and from 0 µm to 2000 µm for aluminium;
- Measurement resolution 2 µm to 500 µm and 10 µm above 500 µm;
- Polish product - it is not a cheap counterfeit from China ;
- Battery powered 2x 1.5V LR3
- Type of sheet metal: steel, galvanized steel, aluminium
- Measurement range: 0-2000µm; 0-3000µm
- Measurement resolution: 2 µm, 10 µm
- Measurement memory: no
- HOLD function freezing measurement: yes
- Calibration possible: yes
- Automatic metal type detection: yes
- Measurement on curves: yes
- UV tester: no
- On-line probe: yes
- Flexible probe: yes
- Display: yes
- LCD backlight: yes
- Automatic shutdown: yes
- Operation via MENU: no
- Polycarbonate keyboard: no
- Sound signalling: yes
- Battery discharge indicator: no
- Power supply: 2x 1.5V batteries
Dimensions: no data
Blue Technology DX-13-S-AL is an extremely professional model of the meter, which thanks to a flat, movable pressure probe on an 80 cm cable allows for detailed and precise measurements by more precise adherence to the body parts. The device automatically detects the type of substrate, and then displays on the screen for which surfaces the measurement was made ("FE" - steel or galvanized steel; "AL" - aluminium). The device's working time of up to 50 hours will prevent you from having to spend a lot of money during its operation.
Practical and convenient to use
Thanks to the large, backlit display, you can use the device at any time of the day, and the built-in LED flashlight will facilitate locating the tested element. The resiliently suspended probe eliminates hand vibrations, and also works well when measuring highly convex and concave places, so you can measure even hard-to-reach places. In addition, the device has as many as sixteen operating modes, including setting the resolution, backlight, sound or "freezing" the result, which will allow you to adjust the specifics of the meter to your needs. The device also has an audible hint system, thanks to which the meter emits specific signals depending on the measurement result:
- One, short beep - suggests that the element has original varnish,
- Two short beeps - suggest that the element has been painted with a second layer of varnish,
- One long beep - suggests that the element has been putty.
Information about the state of the tested varnish coating displayed by means of three different colors is the most modern technology characteristic of the DX-13-S-AL meter. It allows you to quickly diagnose the tested car, because the colors are visible even from a long distance. The meter shows a specific color depending on the measurement result:
- green color - suggests that the element has original varnish,
- orange color - suggests that the element has been painted with a second layer of varnish,
- red color - suggests that the element was putty.
The DX-13-S-AL paint thickness gauge automatically turns off after two minutes of inactivity, saving energy and time spent on charging the device.
How do the meters even work?
The paint thickness gauge works by measuring the distance from the sensor surface to the metal surface. The value displayed on the screen thus determines the thickness of the non-metallic layer (varnish, putty, etc.)
- Coating thickness gauge DX-13-S-AL
- User manual
- 2 LR3 - 1.5V alkaline batteries
- Calibration and calibration plates "AL" and "FE"